Friday 2 March 2012

Heavenly Scented Candles!

            In regards to today’s entry, I would like to talk about something rather random. As of late, I’ve become rather attached to scented candles. I know what you’re thinking, “Scented Candles? I knew Adam was awesome!” Naturally you would be correct in your conclusion. I came across the candles when my little sister was selling them for a school fundraiser. I figured I should be the decent older brother by purchasing a few. The fact of the matter is that they are fantastic! 

The two I purchased include a three tiered candle that starts off as apple pie, then smells of cinnamon and ends with vanilla. The second is chocolate peppermint sticks. As I’m writing this, I’m burning the apple pie portion of the candle. I must admit, more than anything it’s making me desperately want a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream. I can’t speak for anyone other than myself, but apple pie is one of the biggest motivators in my own life (both real and synthetic versions it would seem). 

For me, it does not only smell quite lovely, but is also quite relaxing. I find this time of year to be rather stressful. Having to write multiple papers, assignments and work on a multitude of group projects makes Mr. Murphy somewhat of a madman. Having any remote means whatsoever to keep me relaxed is not something to be taken lightly! I am a man who likes to keep himself as relaxed as humanly possible regardless of situation. Not only are they relaxing, but they add a lovely ambiance to my room. The lingering scent of apple pie awaits me every time I walk into my room. 

          Another great thing about these candles is that they are supposed to burn for approximately a hundred hours. As well as the long life of the candle, the smell is not sacrificed by its longevity. Though they are not exactly cheap, ($20 for two) they certainly last much longer than any standard candle and smell far better. The way I see it, for every 10 hours of the candle burning I am only paying a dollar. Certainly a fair bargain for something that smells delicious enough to eat!  



No comments:

Post a Comment