Friday 23 March 2012

Live Well, Laugh Often

             I have found that I tend to be rather verbose when it comes to these blogs. However, today I intend on being rather brief. I generally try not to take myself too seriously in my personal life, but I occasionally have a moment of significant insight. I’ve recently been doing a little research on the subject of “life” in my spare time. I merely have a handful of simple quotes I would like to share with you all.

“Is life not a thousand times too short for us to bore ourselves?” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

 “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” ― George Bernard Shaw

“The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” ― E.E. Cummings

“Get busy living or get busy dying.” ― Stephen King, The Shawshank Redemption.

          Each one of these quotes gives me pause in the hustle and bustle of my day-to-day life. I hope these quotes can provide you with a measure of insight or perhaps only a moment of reflection on your own lives. If they do nothing for you at all, I hope you have other things that might give you a momentary pause in your busy lives. Above all, be sure to live your lives well and to laugh often.

No comments:

Post a Comment