Friday 10 February 2012

Care to travel the world?

            In my own life, I find it is rather rare for things to work out in the most favorable light. Things usually work out in the end, but the process of getting there is hardly ever smooth. It has been said that the journey is the destination. I do not believe this entirely, but feel there is some degree of truth to this statement. Where we are going can be just as important as how we end up getting there. Be it by car, plane, train, ship or any other mode of viable transportation, a deeper experience lurks. Every mode offers a unique ability to soak in the world (be that as countryside, expansive metropolitan cities of steel, or expansive ocean vistas).

These journeys are not to be taken for granted. It is easy enough to overlook the deeper feelings and offerings when traveling. I have been to Disney World and Land, Six Flags, Canada’s Wonderland and several other lovely trips. Though the amusement parks offered a great deal of enjoyment, the true excitement was in the food. My family often laughs at my anecdotes when questioned about my favorite aspect of any particular trip. For Vegas, it was the carnival world buffet. For Disney World, it was the delicious mint juleps. For Six Flags it was the lovely little country style buffet that we attended twice. I just happen to be a large fellow who loves food.  

 Though the food may have been my favorite part of these trips, travel was a means of escaping reality. Whilst on vacation, it was easy enough to do what I wanted, see what I wanted to see, and eat as I so desired to. It enabled me to see things I wouldn’t otherwise have seen and to not be tied down and trapped in one place. I do not like to stay in one place for very long. Having been in Nova Scotia for 13 years now, I feel I am more than ready to move forward in life. I desire to see the world! Though Nova Scotia is lovely, it is too small for my liking. Hopefully in the near future, I’ll be able to enable my dreams! I may need a traveling companion...


No comments:

Post a Comment